Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nuggets trade for Joe Smith

Word. The Nuggets have completed a deal that will send Ruben Patterson to the Milwaukee Bucks for Joe Smith.

Both players will make $6.8 million this year in the final year of 6-year contracts, so the deal is basically an even swap.

I used to love watching Joe Smith play back in the day for Maryland. His dunks were fierce. And I became a huge fan when I heard that in his answering machine message he referred to himself as the "Beast from Norfolk," which is where I grew up. The Nuggets are picking up a guy who has averaged 12.4 pts and 7.1 rbs over his NBA career. He's old, but this will help.

I'm a HUGE fan of this trade. But then I would have traded Patterson for a bag of Cheetos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website counters